Gaming Genres: Hack & Slash, Role-Playing
Story Genres: Adventure, Fantasy, Post-Apocalyptic, Science Fiction
Graphical Styles: 2.5D, Cartoon, Hand-Drawn
Platforms: Windows, Xbox 360, Browser
Pricing Model: Pay $
Developer(s): Supergiant Games
Publisher(s): Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Initial Release Date: July 20, 2011
An action role-playing game set in a lush imaginative world, in which players must create and fight for civilization’s last refuge as a mysterious narrator marks their every move.
An enjoyable hack and slash RPG with some very good narrative and an interesting world. the only real criticism I have is with the final level, where your (most likely) newly levelled up and awesome weaponony is taken away (as well as your ability to run and dodge) and you are instead given an extremely powerful short range battering ram; And the only reason that you are not killed easily from a distance is that eventually even the ranged characters run up to you for some reason.
- Video Walkthrough
- Choice Walkthrough (+)
- Save or Leave Zulf (+)
- If you choose to save Zulf you put down all of your weapons and pick him up. You loose the ability to dodge, block, or attack and must only walk slowly towards the exit.
- After you have saved him, this choice does not really have any other effect then he being around for the tiny amount of remaining game. But it is the far more powerful choice to make in my opinion and the rescue scene was very moving and well done in my opinion.
- If you leave Zulf you simply carry on with your mission like normal, and he ends up dying I assume.
- Restoration or Evacuation(+)
- Both choices only effect the ending cinematic.
- If you chose the Restoration option, the Bastion restores the world to a post calamity state bringing back the land, the people, and erasing all memory of it ever happening in the first place.
- In the Evacuation option, you and your friends evacuate the Bastion and set it for self destruct and travel the world looking for adventure and other survivors.
Play?: Should Play